Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Today’s Contestant Wins in Spades (and Hearts and Clubs and Diamonds)

Hi, everybody!  (Hi Dr. Nick!)

Today we’ve got one of My favorite flavors of dumb, for y’all to enjoy, chew, spit out, and tell your friends.  The problem with the Internet is that you can use it.  Yes, you, sitting on your vertical smile, reading this damned post.  Computers, the World Wide Web, and etc. have been dumbed down to the point that old people are on it.  This is a travesty, if not an outright crime against humanity, and today’s winner shows why:

Carol Fonde´

Fine Art Photographer/Master Color Printer

How do I cancel my account with Linked-In?

I have asked repeatedly...even called the corporate office to stop sending invitations from me to over 200 people to join Linked-In.
My next step, within 24 hours of this e-mail, if my account is not terminated, I will take legal action.


Quoth your humble servant:

Hi Carol,
The best way to leave LinkedIn.com is violently to pull the phone cord from the back of your DSL Router. Note that this will also liberate you from such societal plagues as Facebook, Google, online banking, and blogging.

Good luck with the lawsuit.

Hope this helps.

James

…as an aside, I am uninstalling Windows Live Writer, because the motherfucker can’t space paragraphs intelligently.  What.  The.  Fuck.